Plan Your Visit to Gallery Aferro
There is so much to do at Gallery Aferro! We have a large facility comprised of two (2) exhibition spaces, three (3) permanent sound installations, a Community Book Room and an Art Shop that offers — in addition to artworks — books, prints, music, postcards, buttons, posters, T-shirts, and more.
Gallery Aferro is committed to providing an environment that ensures the health and safety of visitors, residents and staff, so the following safety measures will be implemented as of Wednesday, June 16th:
- Regardless of vaccination status, Gallery Aferro requires all visitors ages 4 and up to wear a mask, face shield, or solid face covering over their nose and mouth for the duration of their visit. If you do not have a mask or face shield when you visit the Gallery, you may request one from a member of the staff. We have a sizable supply of CDC-approved masks and face shields available for the public, and we would be happy to provide one to you.
- The Gallery staff and studio residents are also required to wear masks when they are engaging in common areas (the restrooms, the office, etc.) throughout the building and are unable to practice social distancing.
- All visitors will be required to add their name and phone number to the sign-in sheet located in the front hall near the main entrance when arriving at the Gallery. The sign-in sheet will aid us in contract tracing, allowing the Gallery staff to follow-up with any visitors, residents or staff who may have been present should a viral outbreak occur in the future.
- All visitors will be required to stay at least six (6) feet apart from visitors from different households/tour groups.
- The Gallery staff will clean and sanitize high-touch, high-traffic areas frequently throughout the day.
- The Gallery staff will encourage frequent hand washing and provide hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building’s common areas and in the exhibition spaces.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff, residents and visitors, we are unable to accommodate your entry if you do not wear a mask or solid face covering at this time. We look forward to welcoming you back when these safety protocols are no longer necessary.
Please contact email@example.com prior to your visit if you have any questions or concerns.
Gallery Hours & Admission
Gallery Aferro is open: Wednesday — 12-6pm
Thursday — 12-6pm
Friday — 12-6pm
Saturday — 12-6pm
Admission to the Gallery is free to the public, and no tickets are required. All are welcome to visit!
Contact us at (973) 353-9533 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding what we have to offer or to arrange a tour.
Please contact us if you are interested in having a free tour, lecture or demonstration arranged for your group or school. All ages are welcome. Gallery staff can share a presentation with your group, answer questions, discuss current exhibitions, contemporary art in general, and may be able to arrange for exhibiting artists to meet with your group.
Coat & Bag Check
Unfortunately, Gallery Aferro does not offer a coat or bag check. Please leave large items such as oversized bags and totes, luggage, or musical instruments at home.
Scooters, Skateboards & Bicycles
Scooters and bicycles can be secured outside at one of two bike racks located near the front entrance to the Gallery. Skateboards may be stored at the front of the Gallery inside the building; however the Gallery is not responsible for the loss of property.
Strollers are permitted in the Gallery, but stroller access may be limited in specific exhibitions or events due to space limitations. Please call ahead to confirm.
Photography is permitted inside the Gallery unless otherwise noted. Videotaping and tripods are also permitted unless space limitations are in place. Please call ahead to confirm.
Phone calls are allowed in the Gallery, but we ask that you be respectful of the other visitors, residents and staff who may be present in the space. If the call will require more than two (2) minutes of your time, please step outside the Gallery at the front entrance to finish your call away from the exhibition space.
Sketching is permitted in the Gallery in pencil or ink (paint and charcoal are prohibited). Easels and stools are not permitted unless explicitly approved by a Gallery Aferro staff member.
Food & Drink
Resealable water bottles are permitted in the Gallery during an exhibition. No food is allowed in the Gallery outside of a special event or exhibition opening.
To learn more about Gallery Aferro’s commitment to accessibility, please visit the ADA Access, Directions & Parking page.