About Art Shop
Art Shop offers bodies of work by a number of local and national emerging and established artists including Gladys Barker Grauer (1923-2019), Anne Q. McKeown, LG Carpenter, and Katherine McGlynn, as well as select artworks by artists such as Abel Barroso, Heather Johnson, Kiki Smith, Mary A. Valverde, Bisa Washington, and Yana Yakubchik.
Every purchase supports artists as well as Gallery Aferro’s nonprofit programs. Ask about our payment options: we accept every major credit card as well as transactions via PayPal and Venmo. In the interest of affording all buyers an opportunity to bring quality artwork home we also offer payment plans to anyone willing to make the commitment.
Establishing a collection means:
- Having the pleasure of living with beautiful and meaningful artworks
- Supporting artists at a specific moment in their evolution, and knowing that often the artwork you buy now will gain value and meaning over time.
- Putting money towards what you believe in; such as supporting local spaces, and buying art by artists from diverse backgrounds.
- Having a real relationship with the gallery you buy artwork from and being able to talk with a real person about the artwork and artists you’re interested in.
- Starting a collection for favorite child in your life.
Gallery Aferro is proud to have been the Curatorial Liaison to the estate of Gladys Barker Grauer and to have facilitated the posthumous exhibition of her artworks. “Daily Sacrifice to the Man” (pictured below), one of Gladys Barker Grauer’s only large-run editions still available for purchase through Art Shop. Please reach out via email@example.com if you’re interested in purchasing a print from this edition.
Daily Sacrifice to the Man by Gladys Barker Grauer – Serigraph, edition of 80, 20x16in, 1897, $1,500